Inside your house
Take the fight indoor – Ants removal in the house
Getting ants inside your house or apartment is really annoying and if you dont know how to hand it, it can be hard to get rid of the ants again. Many of the tips used outside are not really usable inside, both due to their impact on floor and furniture’s, but likewise not all of the ways to get the ants out are good for animals and kids to be running around in.
This means that removing ants from inside requires a bit of creativity.
Your kitchen though contains a lot of stuff the ants dont like. A couple of those things are:
- Baking powder: Ants loves baking powder. They love it so much that they actually eat themselves to death if you mix the powder correctly.
Mix normal flower and baking power in a 50/50 mix – Spread the mix where you see any ants and they will eat till they drop.
The benefit of this mix is that it’s not dangerous for house animals and kids either.
- Sugar sponge:The good old sugar sponge that we also recommend for outside usage, also works great inside.Simply take a normal kitchen sponge, soak it in water and dip it in sugar. you can even place it on a newspaper somewhere you see the ants coming into the house and see the ants eat themselves to death. It will take a day or two to get most of the ants and you will not remove the nest, but you get the ones you have in the house.
- Boiling water: If you find where the ants are coming into the house, depending on your floor, boiling a kettle of water and pour it down the hole can work very well, it’s probably also a good idea to close the hole, but getting the ants away so they don’t just find another way in.
There’s a couple of things we recommend that you avoid doing on your hunt to remove you ants problem:
- The Hoover: The hoover is both slow and ineffective when it come to removing ants from your house, you will only be able to get a few of them and the rest of the ants will continue to enjoy the comforts of your home.
- Ants poison:Poison is neither good for human’s or animals, filling your home with it is generally no more effective then any of the much cheaper and simple methods we have outlined. There’s no valid arguments for using ants poison!
If you have another other idea or hints for other Ants fighter please lave a comment below.